Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I found this picture at http://photgraphy.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/bathing-parrot/

This photograph was taken on April 9, 2010 by Cesar Badilla



I really like animals and nature, so this picture stood out to me. I like this photograph because of the colors. I really like the green, blue and orange and yellow. To me, this picture is funny; when i looked at it, it made me laugh. I love the way the bird is just taking a bath in this cup. This picture looks really fun and exciting to me. The bird is splashing around in the cup and it looks like it is happy. The dropplets of water look as if they are frozen in the air. You can see the water flying off the feathers of the parrot so clearly. I really like the detail, each feather that you can see and all the water everywhere. I really like the way the bird stands out so much. I like this picture becuase of the colors and the excitement it brings!
The lighting in this picture seems to be artificial lighting. It may also have some natural lighting. The lighting is just subtle, it does not put emphasis on a certain part of the photograph. The picture is lit up brightly, but pretty evenly.
The photographer used the element of color very well in this picture. The colors are so bright and catch your eye. There are greens, blues and yellow and orange. All the colors were used very nicely in this piece. This photographer also used texture very well. The feathers on the bird are so clear that it looks like you can feel it. The water is also so clear and perfect that you can seem to feel that too. The photographer did a good job using emphasis, emphasizing the parrot, with the arch of water around the parrot and the light background.
I feel that the photographer was trying to communicate a sense of fun and excitement and a little humor. This picture is fun with the bird bathing in the cup, it is exciting because of all the colors and it is funny because of the way the parrot is in the cup. I think that the photographer did a good job communicating this.

No comments:

Post a Comment